Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting Minutes
Thursday, October 14th, 6:15-7:15 p.m.
Media Center – 14 people in attendance
- Call to order and welcome, meeting conducted by VP Allison
- Everyone introduced themselves
- September meeting minutes approved
- Family Fun Night Outdoor Movie Night Update – Tomorrow October 15th, everything is ready to go, and volunteer spots are filled
- Silent Auction Update -The website is set up and ready for the auction to open tomorrow Oct 15
- Gopher vs Husker tickets, preauction item, were sold for $300
- There were some issues with the Buy Now option, and this not registering as a bid on the website. It’s an issue with the website, which we cannot fix, so have decided not to use the Buy Now option for auction.
- Over $5000 total value of the auction items
- reminder emails and FB posts will go out over the whole 2 weeks
- Teacher Communication Update – teacher wish list was passed around and all items were filled
- Outdoor Classroom Update – Ken met with city of Savage representative, comparable outdoor structures to our idea are $40K
- T-Shirt/Online store website update – Allison will work with contact to set up online store with goal to be set up for holiday shopping
- Volunteer Coordinator Update –
- Yearbook – working to finalize contract details, and get the word out about earlier deadline
- Scavenger Hunt – same plan as last year, with same form and one winner from each grade.
- Teacher Conference Meal – we can provide meal for teachers during conferences, sign up will go out ASAP
- Treasurer Update – September Financials
- Grant Requests – grant committee met and gave recommendation to approve all grants in full. Recommendation was voted on and approved. Jim will contact grant applicants and let them know the good news.