We Need You!
We realize not everyone is able to help as each family’s situation is different so know that you are a valuable part of the HB community regardless of volunteer status. We ask that those that are in a position to help out, do so as we work to uplift our whole school.
Current Volunteer Needs
PTO Volunteer Needs
The following are our immediate PTO Volunteer needs:
- The PTO Volunteer Coordinator position for 2023-2024 is still open. Would you consider volunteering your time as a PTO Board Member? It is important for us to fill this role. If you are interested in applying for this BOARD position, please email the Board President at email@example.com and we will connect with you!
- ** Signing up does not commit you to anything, but provides the Volunteer Coordinator an opportunity to connect with you to discuss what your involvement could look like!
Academic Volunteer Needs
- None at this time
Academic / School
- Breakfast With A Book
- Classroom / Teacher Support
- Junior Achievement
- Kindergarten Summer Play Dates
- Media Center Assistants
- New Family Welcome Night
- Picture Days
- Smart Expo
- Smart Fair
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Amazon Smile
- Asian Bowl Restaurant
- Box Tops for Education
- Coca-Cola Give Program
- Commercial Steam Team
- Direct Giving Program
- Pizza Supreme
- Restaurant Fundraising Nights
- Silent Auction
Events and Services
- Back To School Parade
- Family Fun Nights
- Grant Writing
- Hornet Hop (School Dance)
- International Night
- Parent Social
- School Directory
- School Landscape & Gardens
- School Sign
- School Supplies
- Smart Fair Social
- Spiritwear – School/Community Pride
- Staff Appreciation
- Twins Game Family Outing
Sign Up Today!
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Volunteer Interest Form
Important Volunteer Information
* PTO VOLUNTEERING focuses on volunteerism related to fundraisers, events and services that enhance the overall community of Harriet Bishop families. These fundraisers, events and services benefit/originate from the PTO.
** ACADEMIC VOLUNTEERING focuses on volunteerism related to academic programs and projects that enhance the overall learning experience of students. These programs and projects originate from the principal and school staff.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECKS:
The school district has a policy that all school volunteers, age 18 and older, are required to complete a background check before they can volunteer in the school during school hours.
If you are planning to volunteer in the school during school hours, please complete the online form as soon as possible so you can have the green light to go ahead with volunteering. The link to “Complete the Volunteer Background Check Form Online” can be found at: https://www.isd191.org/family-resources/volunteer-information.
The cost of a background check is $20 and takes about 3 days to process
Volunteers who have a cleared background check, do not need to redo the background screening unless there has been a gap of two years or more in your volunteering with District 191,
Please contact Melanie Liyanage (firstname.lastname@example.org), at the school office, with any questions.
PLEASE LOG YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS
When you come to school to volunteer, please sign in on the Volunteer Computer in the Main Office. This will log you in as being at the school and lets the district track who’s volunteering at which school.
Once you have logged in, please use one of the volunteer badges that are available in the office for you to use during school hours.
During non-school hours events, you do not have to wear a volunteer badge.
If you forget to log in on the computer at school, you can log your hours from home. The link to “Log Volunteer Hours” can be found at: https://www.isd191.org/family-resources/volunteer-information
When you click that, the screen will be the same as what you see on the school’s computer. Fill out the information and save.