Harriet Bishop PTO Read-A-Thon: April 4 – April 22, 2022
We are excited to kick-off the Harriet Bishop PTO Read-A-Thon! This is our BIGGEST ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENT and is the only school-wide fundraising event that directly involves every Harriet Bishop student and family from PreK to 5th Grade. We are hoping for 100% participation, and thank you in advance for helping us reach our goal and supporting the students at Harriet Bishop as we live out our school motto of :
“Every Person Welcomed; Every Person Included; Every Person Valued”
Our total school goal for 2022 is $20,000
- How much we have raised relative to our goal
- How to register your student/s to start collecting online donations
- Event Dates and Updates
- Schoolwide Donation Rewards and Incentives
- Classroom Donations Leaderboard
- Our generous sponsors
Ways To Donate
Create an ONLINE** FUNDRAISING PAGE for each of your students as follows:
- Register your Child by visiting https://www.getmovinfundhub.com/register. For School Identifier use: 5dc3224dd1879
- Email and/or Text your child’s student fundraising webpage to friends and family
- Post on Facebook or Twitter You’ll be surprised when donations come in from distant relatives/friends from High School/co-workers. Post and see what happens!
** NOTE: The PTO receives 100% of cash/check donations where online donations are subject to administrative fees.
Use the PLEDGE FORM provided at school to keep track of cash/check donations collected by your student(s). Enclose all cash/checks in an envelope/ziplock bag and return to your teacher by April 22, 2022.
Employer Matching Gifts
What is a Read-A-Thon and how does it work?
Why are we having a Read-A-Thon?
- 37% on SCHOOL (Playground improvements (swing set, gaga ball, game table, climbing wall), Yearbooks, Directories, PBIS, Safety Patrols, Spiritwear t-shirt for each student, Unity Mural)
- 25% on CLASSROOM (Classroom supplies / equipment based on teacher requests, Online Learning subscriptions, Phy Ed / music equipment, Artist in Residence)
- 20% on SCHOOL EVENTS (Hornet Hop, Smart Fair, Read-a-Thon, PTO speakers, Back-to-school night)
- 13% on FIELD TRIPS (Kindness Retreat, Base Camp, Creativity Festival, Transportation to Ebenezer or musical events, in-house Science Museum)
- 2.5% on COMMUNITY (International night, Service Day, Brainpower in a Backpack)
- 2.5% on ADMIN (PTO expenses such as copy fees, website fees and bank fees)
What are the Key Read-A-Thon Dates?
- April 4-22, 2022 – Event Dates
- April 7 and April 14 – Return Pledge Forms and money (cash and checks). We count weekly and share fundraising progress with students/families.
- April 22, 2022 – LAST DAY to return Pledge Forms and money (cash and checks)
- April 22, 2022 – READ-A-THON Day
- April 27, 2022 – LAST DAY for ONLINE donations at FundHub
- April 27, 2022 – PEP FEST
Parents/Caregivers, why participate?
- Help build your student’s confidence by supporting them in their ask of friends, family and neighbors for pledges (read more about this in the student’s section).
- To support the funding of programs that this Read-A-Thon provides to your student/s.
- We consider Harriet Bishop to be a family, and so we work together to help each other. Together we know we can achieve great things!
- Support our school by choosing Harriet Bishop PTO for your regular charitable contributions.
Hey Students, this part is for YOU!
2022 COVID NOTE: Please continue to be safe while collecting donations by practicing social distancing and wearing a mask, as deemed appropriate by you and your family.
Hello, my name is _________ , and I am raising money for Harriet Bishop Elementary School’s annual fundraising Read-A-Thon.
PARENT/CAREGIVER or STUDENT: The Read-A-Thon is an all school event, held on April 22nd, where all students will be reading for 100 minutes and participating in other fun reading activities.
STUDENT: All the money raised goes towards student activities………
PARENT/CAREGIVER or STUDENT: ……….that enhance student learning and the development of the Harriet Bishop community like Reading Apps, Service Projects, Junior Achievement, Kindness retreats, Playground Equipment and Patrol, to name a few.
STUDENT: Would you be willing to support my school with a donation of any amount? No amount is too little as every bit helps towards providing students awesome opportunities at Harriet Bishop.
- (If they say YES, and give you MONEY): Thank you so much for your donation towards Harriet Bishop
- (If they say MAYBE): When may be the best time for me to check back in with you?
- (if they say NO, they can’t help): Thank you so much for your time today
- HAVE A GREAT DAY!
The Exciting Activities and Prizes for Read-A-Thon 2022
Weekly Lucky Draw Prizes!
- Students who complete and submit their READING BINGO BOARD will receive a token prize just for participating.
- Additionally, students who complete and submit their READING BINGO BOARD will be entered into a weekly lucky draw for the opportunity to win additional prizes!
- Completed READING BINGO BOARDs should be submitted to teachers no later than Thursday each week of Read-A-Thon to be included in the Friday drawings.
- Weekly Lucky Draw Winners will be announced on Mondays during Read-A-Thon, and prizes will be distributed in school.
- Click here to download your BINGO BOARDS
School Wide Prizes!
READ-A-THON CORPORATE SPONSORS
A Special Thanks to our Corporate Sponsors who make the prizes possible! Please support them, as they support us!