Harriet Bishop PTO November meeting minutes 2017
1. Call to order.
2. New business:
· Martell is looking into getting the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center to come speak again. After some discussion the group agreed to ask for the March 20th date that was proposed. They provided good information to help keep kids safe. We’re hoping to be able to provide childcare that evening.
· Mr. Essay proposed we research how much a hornet costume may cost so that we can have a mascot. After discussion the group agreed that the board may approve purchasing such an item under $1000. (Most costumes were around $400.)
· Family Fun Night is coming up Dec. 8th. The group discussed having another movie night or a family game night. Based on the time restraints and how successful our fall movie night was, we decided to go with another movie night. Stay tuned for more details on that. (We may do a game night later in the year when there is more time to plan for it.)
· There was a brief discussion about the “new” science fair= SMART fair (Science, Math/Music, Art, Reading, & Technology) It will be held March 9th, 2018. Information will be coming home in Friday folders. We anticipate a lot of participation!
· We need a chair for a social (cookies? Ice cream? Ideas?) the night of the SMART fair
· The Read-a-thon was moved to February 9th. The committee has met and has begun thinking about incentives to provide for bringing in pledges.
· Alisha (hospitality chair) purchased some items to give to new students when they come to HB. (Each family gets a small gift bag.)
3. Old business:
· Krystle got a free square reader in hopes to use it at future events so people can use credit cards to pay. There is a percentage taken out of each swipe so we still prefer cash, but this is a nice option.
4. Fundraising updates:
· Give to the Max day brought in about $550-600 for the school. (Not for the PTO.)
· Net proceeds from the Hornet Hop were about $2567, but that included the returned glow gear that was defective. Proceeds were about the same as last year. Thanks to everyone that came that night.
· Chick-fil-A approached the PTO President asking if we’d like to host a fundraiser night. After discussion the group decided to pursue this for a night in December. Proceeds from purchases that night will go to our PTO. Watch for more info.
· Along those same lines, we’ll probably host a Chipotle night in January or February.
· Our Schwan’s fundraiser is going until Dec. 15th. Please consider ordering as we get 20% back for food purchases and 40% on eGift card purchases. After Dec. 15th we will receive 5% back on food purchases for 45 more days. Remind friends and family. https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/35436-harriet-bishop-pto
· There will be a box tops contest in January so start saving box tops!
5. The Silent Auction chair is looking into online providers. The meeting was adjourned.