Harriet Bishop PTO May 2018 Meeting Minutes email@example.com
- The meeting was called to order.
- Jenni DeShaw made a motion to approve the April meeting minutes and Katie Fisher seconded the motion.
- Mr. Essay had just held an information session on the proposed district budget at 5:30 so there were no further updates. (See April PTO minutes for more details.) FYI There will be 3 sections of all grade levels except 4 sections of 2nd grade for next year. They are closely watching numbers in kindergarten and 3rd grade.
- We reviewed the proposed PTO budget for next year. Projected revenue is $20,600 (not including all restaurant nights, amazon smile, spirit wear and silent auction) and projected expenses is $21, 800. Actual expenses as of right now for this school year is $11,823. There are several expenses that still need to be paid. Some discussion was held around SMART Fair and the social. It was decided to add the SMART Fair social to “school year expenses.” Katie Fisher made a motion to change the expenses for the Readathon from $100 to $600 as they plan to use an outside company to help with the fundraiser next year. It will include an opportunity to contribute online so more family members can support students at HB. The motion was approved.
- After discussions and revisions, the budget for next school year was approved.
The calendar of events for 2018-2019 was also approved.
The PTO board for 2018-2019 was approved. President Martell Dennis, Katie Fisher and Melissa Maggio Co-Vice Presidents, Tawny Herdegen, Secretary, Jim Kennedy, Treasurer and Linda Smith, Volunteer Coordinator. (THANK YOU!)
- Volunteer coordinator and event chair updates:
- International Night is coming up May17th! We need help to make sure fun nights like this can be successful. PTO members volunteered to pick up the food donations and offered to bring extra tables.
- If the following events do not get a chair person or co-chairs for next year, the events won’t happen. Please consider helping. Email the PTO board if you need more info to help you decide! Sign up with a friend or neighbor! Look for descriptions of these “jobs” on our website www.hbpto.net. Or sign up at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0C45AFAA2BA0F94-event
- Hospitality (welcoming about 10 new students/families each school year)
- Restaurant: Asian Bowl, Chipotle, Woodland Pizza, Chick-fil-A
- Directory (co-chairs)
- Family fun nights
- Co-chair grant writer
- School sign
- School supplies (co-chair to take over 2019-2020)
- Smart fair social
- Spirit wear (coordinate with vendor, sell through website?)
- Staff appreciation (co-chair to take over 2019-2020)
- New business
- There was discussion about possible options for bookfairs and how to optimize our earnings/contributions to our library for next year. More money goes straight to our library through a Scholastic book fair in the fall. Discussion was to move the spring book fair to May. There will be more discussion about this in the fall.
- There was discussion about the fact that our current 5th graders did not get an experience like Base Camp this year. We’re not sure if that’s because of the transition to a new principal, teacher decision, or if it had something to do with the district limiting field trips. Disappointment was expressed. They will still get a send off party on the last day of school.