Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting
Thursday, May 20th, 6:15-7:15 p.m.
Meeting was held in person at the HB playgrounds, drinks and snacks were provided 11 people were in attendance and PTO President Jim Housten conducted
- Approve April meeting minutes were approved
- Teacher Appreciation Week was a big success, Crumbl Cookies, Jimmy Johns, HB families and the HB Garden club all donated food, treats, snacks, and flowers to the HB faculty and staff. The theme of “teachers help us grow” was well executed and next year’s theme will be superheroes.
- Yearbook recap – 19 books are left, we will keep 5 and rip covers of remaining 14 to be sent back. Next year we will be working with a new company, books will cost $14.90 and softcover will be the only option
- PTO website – Allison will remove contact info of board members to help prevent spam emails, she will also look into adding Tie Dye Shirt sales to the PTO website
- Read-A-Thon was a wonderful success, we raised over $18,000 for the school Virtual Pepfest was awesome. We will continue 3 week format instead of 5 weeks. Students and teachers loved it. Thank you Liz for leading this event. RAD zoo video will be given to teaches so they can show it any time during the last week of school.
- School Survey has had 57 participants so far, it will be due Monday
- DQ restaurant night will be May 24th 2021 from 4-6pm
- Next year will start over with volunteers and leaders, distance learning and lack of events have caused a huge drop in volunteers, hopefully we will see a return as in person learning returns
- Treasurer Update – March Financials Revenue for March was $61. We received a check for $60 from Pizza Supreme for the partnership we have with them, with $1 coming from bank interest. Expenses for March were $848. A donation to BrainPower in a Backpack was made for $500, Other expenses included $66 for PTO admin expenses (to purchase a $50 Visa card to pay for our GoDaddy expenses for our SmartFair domain name with the remaining balance on the card to be used in the future for GoDaddy expenses, and for stamps for the Treasurer), $53 for the Crayola paint grant, $188 for teacher reimbursements, and $40 to pay for an approved grant for pizza for EL testing. Total cash balance at the end of March was $31,881. YTD revenue is $2,595, expenses are $10,269, with a net loss of ($7,674). Full year updated forecast currently projects a profit of $3,956, which is up from last month’s projection of $1,070. The reason for the improvement is the removal of some plugs for unknown expenses, as well as refinement of some grants previously approved where the estimated costs have been reduced.
- Budget for 2021/2022 school year was presented, voted on and approved
- Calendar for 2021/2022 school year was presented, voted on and approved
- Goal from Principal Essay is to have all events return in 2021/2022
- PTO Board for 2021/2022 was presented, voted on and approved
- President: Jim Housten
- Vice President: Allison Cromie
- Secretary: Janet Stanley
- Treasurer: OPEN
- Volunteer Coordinator: Linda Smith
- Volunteer immediate needs are PTO Treasurer, Hornet Hop team and Lead, Smart Fair team and Lead Principal Essay will make voice message asking for volunteers
- Last day of school is June 10th, thank you for your commitment to our students and school Harriet BIshop Elementay is a better place because of you!