January 21, 2020
Harriet Bishop PTO January 2020 Meeting Minutes email@example.com
- Meeting was called to order. 16 people were present
- November 2019 meeting minutes were approved
- School liaisons were not present, but are at HB on Thursdays in the office adjacent to the media center
4. Old business
- Spirit Wear – Only 15 orders, net loss of $88, but plan to open a spring sale after attendance boundaries are finalized.
- Family Fun NIght – 60 people attended, good amount for activity, good feedback
- Staff Treats December – SUG were emailed schoolwide, well appreciated.
- Yearbook – 2yr contract signed, share site will be available to add photos to yearbook, promotion information will be in Friday folders, March 31st will be final order date.
- Barnes and Noble Book Fair – we made about $400, continued discussion on if time is worth small amount of profits
6. Treasurer’s Update
- Revenue forecast to exceed plan by $2,739, driven by hornet hop and silent auction, and SMSC grant
- Look into reopening grants for this year, purchasing mat for GaGa ball pit, look at cost of an outdoor classroom.
7. Volunteer Coordinator Update
- Family Fun Night March 6th – Game Night
- ***Looking for new lead for Family Fun Nights***
- Box Tops – Continue to use app
8. Read-A-THon – Blast off Into Reading!
- School is scheduled for May 18th bell Museum traveling planetarium
- Goal is $25000
- Thank you volunteers, it is going to be amazing!
9. International Night – April 14th
- School liaisons Andrea and Safiyo are working with all 3 Savage elementary schools and middle school to make the event more cohesive and have representation from all the involved schools.
10. Attendance Boundary Changes – map was shown with new areas to be added to HB. the school will have a welcome night in March to welcome new families.
11. Next PTO meeting February 18th