Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting
Thursday, February 17th, 6:15-7:15 p.m.
- Meeting was held over zoom and 9 members were present, each introduced themselves
- November and January meeting minutes were approved
- Read-A-Thon Update – a little over $800 has been donated in corporate sponsorships. Most notably RockNJump is donating a bookmark for each student. The book mark has a voucher for a free 30min jump pass. School wide incentives will follow last year including duct taping Mr. Leosh, extra recess, rock music during lunch, pj day, dress lika rockstar day, and Kona Ice. Bingo boards and weekly raffles will also be set up the same as last year.
- Kona Ice will cost $1300, but it is the top prize. Liz will still reach out about having Kona at another event or even BEC event to help cut costs.
- Spring conference meal is planned for Thursday the 24th. SIgn up if you have not had the chance yet.
- Sledding Family Fun night may be postponed due to weather, Ken will send a schoolwide call if it is canceled.
- Website Update – Allison is looking into options for T-shirt/online store
- Restaurant fundraiser at Jersey Mikes in Savage will be Feb 28th, they will donate 30% of sales that mention Harriet Bishop
- Yearbook exceed target sales, deadline for photo submissions will be mid march
- Twins Game will be May 6, fliers sent home already, order forms will be sent home after conferences.
- Hornet Hop scheduled for May 20th – looking for easy ways to mitigate risks. Suggested ideas: move bottle blast game outside, weather permitting, also use both levels of the school to spread events apart.
- Treasurer Update – Financials were same as last month
- PBIS grant of $400 was approved
- Outdoor Classroom – Carrie will reach out to Greg and work with Ken to get things moving
- SchoolStore.com continues to reach out, even used Mr. Essay’s name in email. Did not approve working with them and voted to spam future emails.
- Idea to add a mat to the Gaga ball pit was brought up, 4th graders will research and fill out a grant request